Thursday 27 November 2008

Character Sketches

I haven't done any real character sketches yet, but found that by drawing my animatic I have a much clearer idea of what the three characters are going to look like.These are a few of the stills that have drawings of the characters I really like.
Mother
The mother is the main charcter, I want her to be a sterotypical young mother, obviously affectionate and caring but perhaps not so suited to mother hood yet. I think this can be achieved by making her resonably thin and giving her slightly longer hair.

Doll
Child


I want the child to be cute, as the audience must empathise with her, by making her thin and giving her pig tails i think makes her young but also vunrable. Adding the coat with hood and wellies will also increase her cuteness.

I want the doll to be similar to the child, to enforce the fact that, the way the child feels about the doll is the same the mother feels about the child (well almost). I've decided that i want it to be a rag doll as somehow it seems more vunrable and more cuddley, and it inspires more history perhaps the child made it herself (it will have button eyes).

Hopefully I will produce some rough model sheets soon.


No comments: