Saturday 10 January 2009

Character asthetic


Thought I better have a stab at producing a character aesthetic, now I have started on the background so I can develop the two simultaneously. This is again not finalised, but it is a step towards what I am imagining. Tried to keep it more of a tonal drawing in one colour, this is simpler and hopefully means they will look correct in the background.
Having created the picture above I realised some problems with the mothers character design. She appears to young and perhaps looks more like an older sister than a mother to the girl. I'm hoping I can rectifie this with a few minor adjustments, like buttoning her jacket, widening the leg of the trousers and changing the face slightly. However they do look like they could be related and work well together although the line art could be more consistent.

No comments: