Saturday 10 January 2009

Background Asthetic


This is my first real attempt at creating a mock up for my background aesthetic. Although by no means finalised I am pleased with the initial results. The line art does need to be bolder and more detailed, with more pencil shading. I feel that it would look better if all the shading was done by pencil rather than in photoshop. The colours are perhaps slightly washed out, I hope that during the film the colour pallet will change slightly to reflect the mood of the characters, this picture is not grey enough for it to be raining or warm enough for the happy ending. However this does have depth whist remaining simple using a small colour range and basically flat colour. This was what I am aiming for as I want the focus to be on the characters not the background.
As said in a previous post my background aesthetic has been inspired by the backgrounds in Borge Ring's Anna and Bella, which are simple, drawn and shaded in Pencil with flat underlying colour.

No comments: